Sunday, September 28, 2014

Unit 1 Reflection

Unit 1 Reflection

1.) This unit I was a combination of Procedural learner and Committed learner. I was procedural because i had to learn a lot of concepts really fast and I didn't focus a lot on the why or how for those concepts. But for the last part, the equations part, I asked a lot of questions and made sure I understood more than I needed to.

2.)I had a lot of difficulty grasping the Speed vs. Velocity concept. It makes sense to me on paper that velocity includes direction, but conceptually it was hard for me to understand what effect direction has. I overcame the challenge by asking questions.

3.)The way I studied throughout this unit was by making sure I understood how to do the questions of the homework, and for questions I missed on the quiz, I tried to figure out why(ie. I didn't study that, or I didn't understand etc.). I think in the future, I should continue to use that strategy. Also in the future I should start the blog post earlier as review.

4.)I took the opportunity in class to really focus on how to do the homework problems and other problems when we went over them in class which was helpful. Out of class I watched the videos on the website which explained a lot of concepts.

5.)I predict I got a high B. I think I was mostly able to demonstrate my understanding of the concepts, however, there were a few concepts I think I understood and had trouble applying. For future tests I want to make sure that I pay attention to the problems we do in class because they will help me learn how to apply the concepts.

6.) I learned from your feedback mostly in class when I thought a concept was one way it helped when you explained why it isn't that way. The feedback I hope for in the next unit is the same kind of explanatory help.

7.) I got better at working with other people and at  doing work when there isn't a definite headline, I just need to know the material. Hopefully next unit I will get better at something else, but I do not know what it is. Usually when I improve I don't know I need to until it presents itself as a problem.

8.) I would give myself A 8/10 for effort because if I were to have put as much as I should have retrospectively I should have come in and asked for sample problems on the first couple of concepts I missed because It would have helped on the test.

9.) you should know that I think physics is more interesting than chemistry so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment